Tuesday 21 June 2011

Mon 20th of june and Tue 21st of June

Hi all

I got an email from a wonderful friends of mine B the other day. B has been following my blog.

One of the things I wanted to say, and I touched on it a bit the other day when I talked about light bulb moments but B bought it up again.

For me there was never a light bulb moment, there was a series of events that gave me the push to try again, I didn't go into this time knowing that I was going to do it and that I would be able to fight those demons in my head. For me it was just about keeping going, trying new things till I found the thing that worked for me, when I was in the right head space. Head space for me, means I am happy with my life, and for once it is all rather smooth. I have a great group of friends and I feel like I want to actually participate in life, rather than waiting to get thin to live.

I am still scared and that horrible little voice in my head still tries to get the better of me. I worry that I wont get where I want to go, I don't want to use the words succeed or fail it sounds like I am on trial for something. I am changing my life, I am enjoying myself, I am trying to live each day to the full.

In terms of my eating plan, I started with Tony Ferguson, now I just try to eat non-processed foods, or in trendy terms nude foods. Spices are my friends lol. Generally protein drink for breakfast, salad for lunch with a serve of protein, tea with steamed or grilled veggies and a serve of protein. I try to have fruit as my snacks, or yogurt. Water is over 2 litres and I do notice the difference when I don't have it, for me it does seem to help with the sugar cravings as well. I am booked in to see a Dietitian on the 30th so we will see what she has to say. The other thing that really helps me is home-made low fat veggie soup, there is always some in the fridge so when ever I am wanting something I will have some of that.

Exercises, is still something that I don't automatically choose to do, having Ms Melons has been a really positive thing for me, I just tag along with her. In general for me it is about finding ways to be more active in general through out the day.

Mon 20th
Breakfast
Brunch Bar

Lunch
Soup

Tea
Chicken and Veggies

Snacks (now there is a part of me that doesn't want to write this down, but this blog is about being 100% open on honest)
apple
Soup
Yogurt
Dried Fruit
2 x home made mini low fat date muffins

3 x cappuccino's
2 x tea
2.5 litres water

Tuesday 21st of June
Breakfast
Protein shake and fibre

Lunch
Salad and turkey

Tea
Chicken and Veggies

Snacks
Apple
2 x mini date muffins
yogurt and fruit.

3 x tea
2 litres water.

On Monday Ms Melons and I walked around the lake, twice lol, she made me. Man she pushes, not allowed to slack off even when the wind is just about blowing us off the path. lol I feel a little bit achy today but that is more about muscles that being sore. If the rain holds off tomorrow we will go again.

Danielle xox

No comments:

Post a Comment