Wednesday 22 June 2011

Wed 22nd of June

Hey everyone

It has been over a week since I started this journey, normally on a weight loss journey people weigh in weekly, so normally I would be giving an update. Ms Melons has suggested (lol not sure suggested is really the right term, maybe demanded/stated or even dictated would be better) that I don't weigh in at all, I just use my clothes to gauge how things are going.

This works in my head for 2 reasons;
  1. Weigh in becomes a very negative thing for me, I get very anxious about it and if I don't lose enough I can get very demoralised and I can run of the rails because of that. On the other hand there are times when if I have a big lose I can see that as a free pass to eat something that is a negative for my body.
  2. This change in my life is not just about the weight loss but also about being healthy and so I don't want to make the weight loss the primary focus.
Well today was a bit of a milestone for me, I came home and exercised off my own back, Ms Melons didn't even need to twist my arm lol.

One of the things I find hard is to keep my head focused and to not get caught up in the fact that I need to get rid of between 70-80 kg, that is a whole person. When I think about that it becomes hard to keep going, it just seems like it is going to take such a long time, and it is such hard work, isn't it just easier to stay here. I don't ever remember being thin and I have never lived my life doing the things I wanted to, so I don't even have that idea of what to look forward to. So again I just try to ignore it, and focus on being healthy, nourishing my body with un-processed foods and moving my body with exercises that make me sweat and puff.

Breakfast
Protein drink with fibre

Lunch
Salad with beef

Tea
Turkey and veggie meatballs with wholegrain pasta and tomato sauce, all home made, by me, not Simon that chef lol.

Low-Fat custard with jelly and fruit.

1 x cappuccino
2 x cup of tea
2 litres of water

No comments:

Post a Comment